BIA/Kelsey announces the launch of BIA/Kelsey LOCAL IMPACT, a regional series of advertising and marketing meetings for executives in media, marketing and agencies targeting local markets.
Breaking the mold of traditional conferences, these events will be fast-paced, highly engaged opportunities for participants to get local market intelligence and meet and do business around the U.S. throughout the year. Our goal is to inform and empower participants to achieve greater Local Impact in their business strategies for serving local audiences and consumers.
- Local cross-channel media investment and activation strategies
- Media mix, campaign optimization and attribution case studies
- Data-driven audience planning tactics
- Marketplace buying/selling platforms, strategies and key player identification
- Keynote addresses on forward-looking topics; each event will have a different theme.
- NETWORKING – Half day event beginning with lunch and ending with a happy hour reception with interactive peer networking sessions throughout.
- ANALYSIS & INSIGHTS – BIA/Kelsey analysts will present the latest nationwide and local market data and analysis and lead robust discussions on how we’re seeing market opportunities develop and how you can best take advantage of them.
- TACTICAL/CASE STUDY DISCUSSIONS – Innovate as we tap into local case studies for inspiration- get a chance to provide your Point of View while networking with attendees.
- EXPERT KEYNOTES – Exclusive, extraordinary keynoters who will offer fresh, new insights you won’t hear anywhere else. Unique topics at each LOCAL IMPACT event.
Breaking the mold of traditional events , BIA/Kelsey LOCAL IMPACT events offer a highly-engaged opportunity to network and meet prospective clients and partners. Central at each event:
- Breakout table discussions.
- Pre-organized meetups to bring attendees of like minds and goals together. More to come on how this will be organized.
- Onsite demos for leading local marketing and advertising solutions.
11:30 – 1:00
Networking Lunch – Hosted by Women LEADING IN LOCAL
1:00 – 2:00
Share of Wallet (Data & Analysis)
BIA/Kelsey will provide insights and perspective from its treasure trove of local market advertising data to help you understand:
- Current state of the local market and top business sectors in terms of ad spend growth in relation to the rest of the U.S.
- Industries aggressively spending in the local market and where (i.e. what ad channels.)
- Top billing competitors.
- Digital competition among primary pure-play digital advertisers selling locally including estimates for Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Bing, AOL, Yelp, Pandora.
- Total media investment forecast in the local market by advertising platform and business categories.
BIA/Kelsey Analysts, Guest Speakers
2:00 – 2:30
Interactive Table Discussions (TACTICAL DISCUSSIONS)
2:30 – 3:15
(Topic will focus on one of the main themes for each event.)
- LOCAL IMPACT Dallas: Location Marketing, Digital Competition, Local Ad Trends
- LOCAL IMPACT Los Angeles: Search (AI, Voice) and Mobile, Social, Video Ad Targeting
- LOCAL IMPACT Atlanta: Cross-Platform Marketing, Attribution and Conversion
- LOCAL IMPACT NYC: Advanced TV: Programmatic, Addressable, OTT, Connected TV
3:15 – 3:45
Networking Break and Demos
3:45 – 4:15
GETTING Inside the Mind of SMB advertisers (Data & Analysis)
Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) are a large part of the U.S. economy in terms of employment, gross sales and of course marketing and advertising investments. BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor™ survey offers a unique glimpse into the marketing mindset of SMBs.
This session will get you inside the mind of SMBs – especially franchises, the smallest and larger SMBs. Small businesses invest marketing dollars in multiple channels from traditional to digital. How are they making their determinations and what are their success indicators? Are media companies offering the most compelling packages?
Find out where you should be focusing your efforts in 2017.
BIA/Kelsey Analysts, Guest Speakers
4:15 – 4:45
LOCAL MARKET STORIES (CASE STUDIES)
Local businesses will unravel keys to their success and frustrations during an interactive case study session. Engaging case studies will be presented while the audience is invited to participate in problem solving along each stage of the project.
LOCAL IMPACT STRATEGIES – Crowd Sourcing Success
In this final session, our analysts will call-out crowd-sourced tweets on best takeaways and ideas from the conference attendees, speakers and sponsors to wrap up the afternoon with inspiring thoughts, reflections and call to action.
Dinner (By Invitation)
Learn about new visibility opportunities available for LOCAL IMPACT events. Contact Nanci Karas, Exec. Director of Conference Sales and Support, at (732) 317-1819 or email for more information.
“I really enjoyed the research and trend analysis sessions at the BIA/Kelsey show. Getting these insights is valuable to any organization, as we navigate through the ever changing local digital environment.”
Andrew Beckman, CEO, Location3
BIA/Kelsey conferences are programmed and moderated by our highly respected analyst team, offering deep expertise in key market segments and trends. In addition to facilitating candid, constructive and entertaining conversations on stage, our analysts also provide rich context for exclusive BIA/Kelsey research and financial and market information.
“Thanks for the excellent conference. High caliber, content dense and very forward thinking.”
Emmet Brady, Publisher, App Resource Connect
“I keep saying it – one of the best organized conferences I have attended. Great agenda and format!”
Sandy Lohr, SVP, Sales, Advance Digital