BIA Advisory Services helps traditional and digital media, brands & agencies and technology companies secure a winning position in the local advertising marketplace.
- 2020 Local Political Forecast
- TV Attribution Webinar On-Demand
- 2019 U.S. Local Ad Forecast Update
- Quick Serve Restaurants
Local Political Advertising to Top $6.55 Billion in 2020, According to BIA Forecast
CHANTILLY, Va. (Aug 5, 2019) – BIA Advisory Services estimates $6.55 billion will be spent in local political advertising in 2020. The firm forecasts that over-the-air (OTA) television will earn the majority of the ad spend (47 percent) at $3.08 billion. Online/digital outlets will receive $1.37 billion (21 percent), while $919 million (14.0 percent) will be spent on multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) and just over $312 million (4.8 percent) for Radio. The balance will go to other media.
WEBINAR On-Demand: TV Attribution: Opinions and Discoveries
View this webinar to get expert insights on local TV attribution and the effect on the automotive industry.
- Angela Betasso, Chief Revenue Officer, Tribune Media
- Brad Danaher, Director TV Solutions, Experian Marketing Services
- Cordie DePascale, SVP, Connect Partner Management, Mediaocean
- Greg Dixon, VP Automotive Client Development, TVSquared
- Will Felcon, Strategic Product Management – Advanced Advertising, Spectrum Reach
- Gini Resnick, Automotive Research Manager, Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Kevin Stuart, Vice President Research, Hearst Television
U.S. Local Ad Revenues to Reach $148.8B in 2019
BIA raising original forecast estimate slightly based on strong economy, early political advertising and strength of mobile advertising.
Traditional media will retain a significant portion (60 percent) of the overall spend, $89.2B, with digital ad revenue at 40 percent with $59.5B. However, the future of online/digital advertising revenue is progressively increasing.
More forecast findings here.
Purchase the full forecast here.
Local Advertising for Quick Serve Restaurants Expected to Hit $4 Billion This Year, With High Use of Direct Mail and Embrace of Mobile Targeting
Our latest vertical industry report, “Insights into Local Advertising – QSRs”, assesses the local ad spending within the Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR) category:
- Vertical will come close to spending $4 billion in local advertising this year.
- Digital advertising is on the rise, going from 36 percent in 2019 to 44 percent by 2023.
- QSR customers (Adults 18+) in the Washington, DC market heavily used the Internet and TV (40 percent each) to consume advertising.
BIA tracks the value of transactions in TV and radio and the number of stations sold in each industry on a monthly and year-to-date basis. View all the details.